Pages

Thursday, 7 May 2020

Journal

 This is my journal for if I happened to be one of the Thai cave boys in the cave. Enjoy!!


23 June On the 23 June 2018 it was my 9th birthday.  My mum and dad made me a spongebob squarepants cake. But I haven’t seen it yet. Me and my 11 friends and my soccer coach went exploring a cave that was one of my fav places. It was rainy season in Thailand  and in the caves they can flood up to 5 meters deep and over!!  Even very experienced divers wouldn’t go near the caves. We entered the cave and started snacking. Suddenly it started raining and flooding fast. We went way deeper into the cave to my fav part of the cave, Pattaya Beach which by now was flooded. We kept going deeper into the cave, kilometres and kilometres to try and find a high place where we can sit. I was sooooo scared and nervous, terrified even. The water kept flowing in. We will have to spend the night here.    

24 June I have now lost all sense of time. Is it still night or is it morning or lunchtime??? I am starting to get hungry. My soccer coach teaches us to meditate and consume less air and tells us to lie still to save strength. We don't know how to get out of the cave. We have enough air because there are holes in the limestone that air can come through. All we had to eat was water as the moisture dripping from the cave walls is clean, natural water. 


25 June I’m getting starving I am sooooooooooooooo starving. I’m lucky I have my friends with me or else I would be so lonely.

26 June I’m soooooo hungry and scared. Is anyone going to help??? Me and my friends snuggle together for warmth.

27 June sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo starving.  I haven’t had food in days.

28 June We have no idea that the first International rescue team has turned up outside the caves.

29 June The rescuers are searching.

30 June The water is pouring down and flooding rapidly 30 cm an hour.

1st July The rescuer finds a cavern dibbed chamber 3 that is the key chamber for the divers.


2nd July We have been found.  I felt so relieved.  Maybe I will get some food! And see my family.

3rd July I feel disappointed as the diver couldn’t bring food.  All I got was water with extra vitamins and minerals. 

4th July   We are waiting but are hopeful help is coming!



5th July  We are calming ourselves and preserving energy with our meditation techniques.



6th July  A diver dies while on a routine to deliver us air tanks.  We are so sad.



7th July

We are all out of the cave we have to go to hospital, to be sure we haven't got any diseases. We are in quarantine away from our parents but can still see them through the window.  I would rather be here than in the cave!  I can’t wait to be well and free again!


Have you ever heard about the wild boars in the caves??

4 comments:

  1. Woah Amber! Great mahi. So much information

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading "your take" on the Thailand Cave Rescue. It felt like you were really there, sharing your raw emotions. I was soooooooooo impressed !!!
    (I wonder if you ever got to see that SpongeBob-SquarePants cake ...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent writing skills, Amber!

    ReplyDelete

Kia Ora. Thank you for visiting my blog, I would love a thoughtful, helpful and kind comment. All comments are moderated by my teacher so there may be a delay before they appear.